Classification, parameter estimation, and state estimation
This book presents a practical guide for data analysts and designers of measurement systems, as well as postgraduate students interested in advanced measurement systems using MATLAB. “Prtools” is a powerful MATLAB toolbox for pattern recognition and is written and owned by one of the co-authors, B. Duin, of the Delft University of Technology.
After an introductory chapter, the book provides the theoretical construction for classification, estimation, and state estimation. The book also deals with the skills required to bring theoretical concepts to practical systems and how to evaluate these systems. Together with the many examples in the chapters, the book is accompanied by a MATLAB toolbox for pattern recognition and classification. The appendix provides the necessary documentation for this toolbox as well as an overview of the most useful functions of this toolbox. With its integrated and unified approach to classification, parameter estimation, and state estimation, this book is a suitable practical supplement to existing university courses in pattern classification, optimal assessment, and data analysis.
- It covers all the main contemporary methods for classification and estimation.
- An integrated approach to classification, parameter estimation, and state estimation
- It highlights the practical deployment of theoretical issues.
- It provides a concise and practical approach supported by the MATLAB toolbox.
- It offers exercises at the end of each chapter and numerous worked-out examples.
- The PRtools toolbox (MATLAB) and code for worked-out examples can be found on the internet.
- Many examples show implementations in MATLAB.
- It enables students to practice their skills using a MATLAB environment.
Classification, parameter estimation, and state estimation: an engineering approach using MATLAB
Author(s): Ferdinand van der Heijden, Robert Duin, Dick de Ridder, David M. J. Tax
Publisher: Wiley, Year: 2004