Basic Engineering Mathematics By John Bird Book 5th Edition introduces and then consolidates basic mathematical principles and promotes awareness of mathematics. In this fifth edition, new material has been added to many of the chapters, particularly a number of the sooner chapters, together with extra practical problems interspersed throughout the text. The extent of this fifth edition is such four chapters from the previous edition have been eliminated and available on website http://www.booksite.elsevier.com/newnes/bird.
The chapters removed to the website are ‘Number sequences’, ‘Binary, octal and hexadecimal’, ‘Inequalities’ and ‘Graphs with logarithmic scales’. The text is relevant to:
- ‘Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- The mandatory ‘Mathematics for Technicians’ for BTEC National Certificate and National Diploma in Engineering, NQF Level 3 – Chapters 7–10, 14–17, 34 and 35 are needed and, additionally , Chapters 1–6, 11 and 12 are helpful revision for this module.
- Basic mathematics for a wide range of introductory/ access/foundation mathematics courses.
- GCSE revision and for similar mathematics courses in English-speaking countries worldwide.
Basic Engineering Mathematics 5th Edition provides a lead into Engineering Mathematics 6th Edition. Each topic fully considered in the text is displayed in a way that assumes within the reader little previous knowledge of that topic.
Basic Engineering Mathematics By John Bird Book
Now in its eighth edition, Bird’s Basic Engineering Mathematics has helped thousands of students to succeed in their exams. Mathematical theories are explained in a straightforward manner, supported by practical engineering examples and applications to ensure that readers can relate theory to practice. Some 1,000 engineering situations/problems have been ‘flagged-up’ to help demonstrate that engineering cannot be fully understood without a good knowledge of mathematics.
The extensive and thorough coverage makes this a great text for introductory level engineering courses – such as for aeronautical, construction, electrical, electronic, mechanical, manufacturing engineering and vehicle technology – including for BTEC First, National and Diploma syllabuses, City & Guilds Technician Certificate and Diploma syllabuses, and even for GCSE revision.
Its companion website provides extra materials for students and lecturers, including full solutions for all 1,700 further questions, lists of essential formulae, multiple choice tests, and illustrations, as well as full solutions to revision tests for course instructors.
Table of Content
- Basic arithmetic
- Using a calculator
- Ratio and proportion
- Powers, roots and laws of indices
- Units, prefixes and engineering notation
- Basic algebra
- Further algebra
- Solving simple equations
- Transposing formulae
- Solving simultaneous equations
- Solving quadratic equations
- Exponential functions
- Straight line graphs
- Graphs reducing non-linear laws to linear form
- Graphical solution of equations
- Angles and triangles
- Introduction to trigonometry
- Trigonometric wave forms
- Non-right-angled triangles and some practical applications
- Cartesian and polar co-ordinates
- Areas of common shapes
- The circle
- Volumes of common solids
- Irregular areas and volumes, and mean values
- Methods of adding alternating wave forms
- Presentation of statistical data
- Mean, median, mode and standard deviation
- Introduction to differentiation
- Introduction to integration
Bird’s Basic Engineering Mathematics PDF
Author(s): John Bird
Publisher: Routledge, Year: 2021
Related Results : basic engineering mathematics john bird,basic engineering mathematics john bird 2007 published by elsevier ltd,basic engineering maths by john bird,basic engineering maths john bird,
See More POST On : Engineering Books