PROSIG Noise & Vibration Measurement Handbook
Writer : Prosig
Version : Fourth
Pages : 84
Measurement : 4.24 Mb
About Authors of Handbook:
Dr Colin Mercer
Colin is a Technical Director at Prosig. He was previously on the nstitute of Sound and Vibration Analysis (ISVR), Southampton college the place he based the Information Evaluation Centre.
Don graduated from the Institute of Sound and Vibration Analysis (ISVR) and is now a director of
Prosig. Don is Product Supervisor for PROTOR. He’s a member of the British Pc Society.
Chris graduated from Portsmouth Polytechnic in 1983 and is a director of Prosig the place he leads the event of Prosig’s DATS software program bundle & writes for the Prosig Weblog.
James has general duty for Prosig’s UK and abroad gross sales. James graduated from Portsmouth College in 2001 with a Masters diploma in Digital Engineering. He’s a member of the IET.
Adrian is a director of Prosig. He was previously a Analysis Fellow on the ISVR. He’s a Chartered Engineer and member of the British Pc Society and Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
Dr Mike Donegan
Mike graduated from the College of Southampton after which accomplished a PhD in Seismic Refraction Research. He now researches & develops algorithms and assists clients with evaluation points.
Notes & Articles Index:
Information Seize & Measurement
- Made to measure
- What are dB, noise ground & dynamic vary
- Pressure gauges defined
- Accelerometer mounting strategies
- What’s the distinction between single ended & differential inputs
- What’s the distinction between microphone varieties
Noise & Vibration Evaluation
- Normal octave bands
- Interpretation of the Articulation Index
- A, B & C weighting
- Audio equalisation filter & parametric filtering
- Fourier evaluation: The fundamentals & past
- What’s resonance
- Aliasing, orders & wagon wheels
- Methods to measure noise & vibration in rotating machines
- A easy frequency response perform Frequency, Hertz & orders
- Fatigue & sturdiness testing: How do I do it?
- Vibration evaluation: Ought to we measure
- acceleration, velocity or displacement?
- Methods to calculate a resultant vector Understanding the cross correlation perform
- The fundamentals of digital filtering
Vibration Situation Monitoring
- Measuring shaft displacement
- Sign conditioning for top common-mode & isolation
- Monitoring auxiliary equipment
- Understanding the significance of transducer orientation