Serverless Design Patterns and Best Practices: Build, secure, and deploy enterprise ready serverless applications with AWS to improve developer productivity
Serverless applications deal with many of the problems developers face when running systems and servers. The serverless pay-per-call model can also lead to significant cost savings, contributing to its popularity. While it is very simple to create a basic serverless application,
The Book begins with an introduction to the different types of design patterns available for serverless applications. You will learn the balance between GraphQL and REST and how they relate to overall application design in a serverless ecosystem. The book will also show you how to migrate an existing API to a serverless backend using AWS API Gateway.
You will learn how to build event-driven applications using queuing and streaming systems, such as AWS Simple Queuing Service (SQS) and AWS Kinesis. Data-intensive serverless application patterns are also explained, including lambda and MapReduce architectures.
This book will equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to confidently develop scalable and resilient serverless applications.
What you will learn
- Comprehend the popular design patterns currently being used with serverless architectures
- Understand the various design options and corresponding implementations for serverless web application APIs
- Learn multiple patterns for data-intensive serverless systems and pipelines, including MapReduce and Lambda Architecture
- Learn how to leverage hosted databases, queues, streams, storage services, and notification services
- Understand error handling and system monitoring in a serverless architecture a serverless architecture
- Learn how to set up a serverless application for continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment
Who This Book Is For
If you’re a software architect, engineer, or someone who wants to build serverless applications, which are non-trivial in complexity and scope, then this book is for you. Basic knowledge of programming and serverless computing concepts are assumed.
- Learn the details of popular software patterns and how they are applied to serverless applications
- Understand key concepts and components in serverless designs
- Walk away with a thorough understanding of architecting serverless applications
Kamran Amini is a senior professional specializing in kernel and embedded development. He has worked for several renowned Iranian companies as a senior engineer, architect, consultant and CTO.
Table of Contents
- A Three-Tier Web Application Using REST
- A Three-Tier Web Application Pattern with GraphQL
- Integrating Legacy APIs with the Proxy Pattern
- Scaling Out with the Fan-Out Pattern
- Asynchronous Processing with the Messaging Pattern
- Data Processing Using the Lambda Pattern
- The MapReduce Pattern
- Deployment and CI/CD Patterns
- Error Handling and Best Practices
Serverless Design Patterns and Best Practices: Build, secure, and deploy enterprise ready serverless applications with AWS to improve developer productivity PDF
Author(s): Brian Zambrano
Publisher: Packt Publishing, Year: 2018
Serverless Design Patterns and Best Practices PDF