Electronic Communications Systems: Fundamentals Through Advanced
Comprehensive in scope and contemporary in coverage, this text introduces basic electronic and data communications fundamentals, and explores their application in modern digital and data communications systems. Students with previous knowledge in basic electronic principles and fundamental calculus concepts will gain a complete understanding of the topics presented here.
Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Electronic Communications.
2. Signal Analysis and Mixing.
3. Oscillators, Phase–Locked Loops, and Frequency Synthesizers.
4. Amplitude Modulation Transmission.
5. Amplitude Modulation Reception.
6. Single–Sideband Communications Systems.
7. Angle Modulation Transmission.
8. Angle Modulation Reception and FM Stereo.
9. Digital Modulation.
10. Digital Transmission.
11. Digital T-Carriers and Multiplexing.
12. Metallic Cable Transmission Media.
13. Optical Fiber Transmission Media.
14. Electromagnetic Wave Propagation.
15. Antennas and Waveguides.
16. Telephone Instruments and Signals.
17. The Telephone Circuit.
18. The Public Telephone Network.
19. Cellular Telephone Concepts.
20. Cellular Telephone Systems.
21. Introduction to Data Communications and Networking
22. Fundamental Concepts of Data Communications.
23. Data–Link Protocols and Data Communications Networks.
24. Microwave Radio Communications and System Gain.
25. Satellite Communications.
26. Satellite Multiple Accessing Arrangements.