Concrete and Steel Construction Quality Control and Assurance PDF Starting with the receipt of materials and continuing all the way through to the final completion of the construction phase, examines all the quality control and assurance methods involving reinforced concrete and steel structures. This book explores the proper ways to achieve high-quality construction projects, and also provides a strong theoretical and practical background. It introduces information on quality techniques and quality management, and covers the principles of quality control.
Concrete and Steel Construction Quality Control and Assurance
By Mohamed A. El Ready
The book presents all of the quality control and assurance protocols and non-destructive test methods necessary for concrete and steel construction projects, including steel materials, welding and mixing, and testing. It covers welding terminology and procedures, and discusses welding standards and procedures during the fabrication process, as well as the welding codes. It also considers the total quality management system based on ISO 9001, and utilizes numerous international and industry building standards and codes.
- Covers AISC, ACI, BS, and AWS codes
- Examines methods for concrete quality control in hot and cold weather applications, as well as material properties
- Illustrates methods for non-destructive testing of concrete and for steel welding—radiographic, ultrasonic, and penetration and other methods.
- Addresses ISO 9001 standards—designed to provide organizations better quality control systems
- Includes a checklist to be considered as a QA template
Size 20.7 MiB
Language : English
File Type : PDF
Pdf Pages : 338
Concrete and steel construction : quality control and assurance
Author(s): El-Reedy, Mohamed Abdallah
Publisher: CRC Press, Year: 2013