|E book Particulars :|
Manual for Design and Detailing of Reinforced Concrete
Manual for Design and Detailing of Reinforced Concrete to Code of Apply for Structural Use of Concrete | PDF Free Download.
Manual for Design and Detailings Contents
- Some highlighted points within the Foundation of Design
- Column Beam Joints
- Cantilever Buildings
- Switch Buildings
- Pile Caps
- Normal R.C. Detailings
- Design in opposition to Robustness
- Shrinkage and Creep
- Abstract of Features having important Impacts on Present Practices
Introduction to Manual for Design and Detailing of Reinforced Concrete
Promulgation of the Revised Code
A revised concrete code titled “Code of Apply for Structural Use of Concrete 2004” was formally promulgated by the Buildings Division of Hong Kong in late 2004 which serves to supersede the previous concrete code titled “The Structural Use of Concrete 1987”.
The revised Code known as “the Code” hereafter on this Manual will grow to be necessary by 15 December 2006, after the expiry of the grace interval by which each the revised and outdated codes can be utilized.
Predominant options of the Code
As in distinction with the previous code which relies on the “working stress” design idea, the drafting of the Code is essentially based mostly on British Commonplace BS8110 1997 adopting the restrict state design strategy.
Nonetheless, the next options of the Code in relation to design as totally different from BS8110 are outlined:
- Provisions of concrete energy as much as grade 100 are included
- Stress-strain relationship of concrete is totally different from that of BS8110 for numerous concrete grades as per earlier checks on native concrete
- Most design shear stresses of concrete ( max v ) are raised
- Provisions of r.c. detailings to reinforce ductility are added, along with the necessities of design in beam-column joints (Sections 9.9 and 6.8 respectively)
- Standards for dynamic evaluation for tall buildings below wind hundreds are added (Clause 7.3.2).
As most of our colleagues are accustomed to BS8110, a comparability desk highlighting variations between BS8110 and the Code is enclosed in Appendix A which can be useful to designers switching from BS8110 to the Code within the design follow.
Define of this Manual
This Sensible Design Manual intends to stipulate the follow of detailed design and detailing of bolstered concrete work to the Code.
Detailings of particular person varieties of members are included within the respective sections for the kinds, although Part 13 within the Manual contains sure points in detailings which might be widespread to every kind of members.
Design examples, charts are included, with derivations of approaches and formulae as vital. Features of evaluation are solely mentioned selectively on this Manual.
As well as, because the Division has determined to undertake Part 9.9 of the Code which is in relation to provisions for “ductility” for columns and beams contributing within the lateral load resisting system in accordance with Cl. 9.1 of the Code, conflicts of this part with others within the Code are resolved with the extra stringent ones highlighted as necessities in our structural design.
As pc strategies have been extensively used these days in evaluation and design, the contents as associated to the present widespread evaluation and design approaches by pc strategies are additionally mentioned.
The background concept of the plate bending construction involving twisting moments, shear stresses, and design strategy by the Wooden Armer Equations that are extensively utilized by pc strategies are additionally included within the Appendices on this Manual for the design of slabs, versatile pile caps, and footings.
To make distinctions between the equations quoted from the Code and the equations derived on this Manual, the previous shall be prefixed by (Ceqn) and the latter by (Eqn).
Revision as contained in Modification No. 1 comprising main revisions together with
- exclusion of members not contributing to lateral load resisting system from ductility necessities in Cl. 9.9
- rectification of ε0 within the concrete stress-strain curves
- elevating the brink concrete grade for limiting impartial axis depths to 0.5d from grade 40 to grade 45 for flexural members
- decreasing the x values of the simplified stress block for concrete above grade 45 are integrated on this Manual.
Download Manual for Design and Detailing of Reinforced Concrete PDF Free.