Material Science PDF
Material Science By S L Kakani
Material Science 1
Material Science 2
Highlights of the book
Fundamental Principles and Applications are discussed with explanatory diagrams in a clear way.
A full coverage of background topics with latest developments is provided.
Special chapters on Modern Engineering Materials,Superconductivity, Semiconductors, Polymers, Composites, Organic Materials, etc. are dealt in depth.
Worked out typical problems, review questions, problems, short-questions answers and typical objective type questions along with suggested readings are given with each chapter.
At the end of each chapter summary is provided which helps in reviewing the entire chapter in short time.
Subject matter is dealt from elementary to the advanced level in a unique manner.
The book is student friendly, thought-provoking and stimulating.
Table Of Content:
- Classification and Selection of Materials
- Atomic Structure, and Electronic Configuration
- Crystal Geometry, Structure and Defects
- Bonds in Solids
- Electron Theory of Metals
- Photoelectric Effect
- Diffusion in Solids
- Mechanical Properties of Materials and Mechanical Tests
- Alloy Systems, Phase Diagrams and Phase Transformations
- Heat Treatment
- Deformation of Materials
- Oxidation and Corrosion
- Thermal and Optical Properties of Materials=
- Electrical and Magnetic Properties of Materials
- Superconductivity and Superconducting Materials
- Organic Materials: Polymers and Elastomers
- Nanostructured Materials
Download Now – Material Science and Engineering William D Callister PDF