Materials Selection in Mechanical Design
Understanding materials, their properties and behavior is fundamental to engineering design, and a key application of materials science. Written for all students of engineering, materials science and design, Materials Selection in Mechanical Design describes the procedures for material selection in mechanical design in order to ensure that the most suitable materials for a given application are identified from the full range of materials and section shapes available.
Features new to this edition:
- Material property charts now in full color throughout
- Significant revisions of chapters on engineering materials, processes and process selection, and selection of material and shape while retaining the book’s hallmark structure and subject content
- Fully revised chapters on hybrid materials and materials and the environment
- Appendix on data and information for engineering materials fully updated
- Revised and expanded end-of-chapter exercises and additional worked examples