|E-book Particulars :|
Rock Mechanics and Engineering Volume 1 by Feng
Rock Mechanics Contents
- Characterization and modeling of the shear energy, stiffness and hydraulic habits of rock joints for engineering functions
- Statistical fracture toughness examine for rocks
- Rock harm mechanics
- Experimental and numerical anisotropic rock mechanics
- Characterization of rock lots based mostly on geostatistical joint mapping and rock boring operations
- Hydraulic fracturing stress measurements in deep holes
- Methodology for dedication of the whole stress tensor and its
- variation versus depth based mostly on overcoming rock stress information
- Measurement of induced stress and estimation of rock mass energy within the near-field round a gap
- Compressive energy–seismic velocity relationship for sedimentary rocks
- Elastic waves in fractured isotropic and anisotropic media
- On yielding, failure, and softening response of rock
- True triaxial testing of rocks and the impact of the intermediate principal stress on failure traits
- The MSDPu multiaxial criterion for the energy of rocks and rock lots
- Unified Energy Idea (UST)
- Failure standards for transversely isotropic rock
- Use of important state idea within the dedication of triaxial and
- polyaxial energy of intact, jointed and anisotropic rocks
- The sensible estimate of rock mass energy and deformation parameters for engineering design
Modeling Rock Deformation and Failure
- Constitutive modeling of geologic supplies, interfaces, and joints utilizing the disturbed state idea
- Modeling brittle failure of rock
- Pre-peak brittle fracture harm
- Numerical rock fracture mechanics
- Linear elasticity with microstructure and unintended effects
Introduction to Rock Mechanics and Engineering PDF
The five-volume ebook “Complete Rock Engineering” (Editor-in-Chief, Professor John A. Hudson) which was printed in 1993 had an essential affect on the event of rock mechanics and rock engineering.
Certainly the numerous and intensive achievements in rock mechanics and engineering over the last 20 years now justify a second compilation.
Thus, we’re comfortable to publish ‘ROCK MECHANICS AND ENGINEERING’, a extremely prestigious, multi-volume work, with the editorial recommendation of Professor John A. Hudson.
This new compilation gives a particularly wide-ranging and complete overview of the state-of-the-art in rock mechanics and rock engineering. Supposed for an viewers of geological, civil, mining and structural engineers, it’s composed of reviewed, devoted contributions by key authors worldwide.
The goal has been to make this a number one publication within the subject, one which is able to deserve a spot within the library of each engineer concerned with rock mechanics and engineering. We now have sought the most effective contributions from consultants within the subject to make these 5 volumes a hit, and I actually respect their arduous work and contributions to this challenge.
Additionally, I’m extraordinarily grateful to the employees at CRC Press / Balkema, Taylor and Francis Group, particularly Mr. Alistair Brilliant, for his wonderful work and form assist. I want to thank Prof. John A. Hudson for his nice assist in initiating this publication.
I’d additionally thank Dr. Yan Guo for her tireless work on this challenge.
Foreword to Rock Mechanics and Engineering eBook
Though engineering actions involving rock have been underway for millennia, we will mark the start of the fashionable period from the yr 1962 when the Worldwide Society for Rock Mechanics (ISRM) was formally established in Salzburg, Austria.
Since that point, each rock engineering itself and the related rock mechanics analysis have elevated in exercise by leaps and bounds, a lot in order that it’s tough for an engineer or researcher to pay attention to all of the rising developments, particularly because the info is extensively unfold in studies, magazines, journals, books, and the web.
It’s acceptable, if not important, subsequently that periodically an simply accessible structured survey needs to be fabricated from the presently accessible data.
Thus, we’re most grateful to Professor Xia-Ting Feng and his staff, and to the Taylor & Francis Group, for getting ready this intensive 2017 “Rock Mechanics and Engineering” compendium outlining the state-of-the-art—and which is a publication becoming nicely inside the Taylor & Francis portfolio of floor engineering associated titles.
There has beforehand solely been one comparable such survey, “Complete Rock Engineering”, which was additionally printed as a five-volume set however by Pergamon Press in 1993.
Given the exponential enhance in rock engineering-related actions and analysis since that yr, we should additionally congratulate Professor Feng and the writer on the manufacturing of this present five-volume survey.
Volumes 1 and 2 are involved with rules plus laboratory and subject testing, i.e., understanding the topic and acquiring the important thing rock property info.
Volume 3 covers evaluation, modeling, and design, i.e., the procedures by which one can predict the rock habits in engineering follow. Then, Volume 4 describes engineering procedures and Volume 5 presents a wide range of case examples, each these volumes illustrating ‘how issues are finished’.
Therefore, the volumes with their constituent chapters run by way of primarily the whole spectrum of rock mechanics and rock engineering data and related actions.
In wanting by way of the contents of this compendium, I’m notably happy that Professor Feng has positioned emphasis on the energy of rock, modeling rock failure, subject testing, and Underground Analysis Laboratories (URLs), numerical modeling strategies—which have revolutionized the method to rock engineering design—and the development of excavation, assist and monitoring, along with supporting case histories.
These topics, enhanced by the opposite contributions, are the essence of our topic of rock mechanics and rock engineering. Learn by way of the chapters isn’t solely to know the topic but additionally to understand the state of present data.
I’ve labored with Professor Feng on a wide range of rock mechanics and rock engineering initiatives and am delighted to say that his efforts in initiating, growing and seeing by way of the preparation of this encyclopedic contribution as soon as once more display his aptitude for offering vital help to the rock mechanics and engineering topic and group.
Every of the authors of the contributory chapters can also be thanked: they’re the virtuosos who’ve taken day trip to jot down up their experience inside the structured framework of the “Rock Mechanics and Engineering” volumes.
There is no such thing as a doubt that this compendium not solely can be of nice help to all these working within the topic space, whether or not in analysis or follow, but it surely additionally marks simply how far the topic has developed within the 50+ years since 1962 and particularly within the 20+ years because the final such survey.
Download Rock Mechanics and Engineering Volume 1 by Feng PDF Free