WordPress: The Missing Manual
|File size||33 Mb|
WordPress: The Missing Manual Book Description:
Whether you’re a budding blogger or seasoned Web designer,
WordPress is a brilliant tool for creating websites, once you
know how to tap its impressive features. The latest edition of
this jargon-free Missing Manual shows you how to use WordPress
3.9’s themes, widgets, plug-ins, and souped-up editing and
multimedia tools to build just about any kind of site.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Create your site. Get hands-on, A-to-Z instructions for
building all types of websites, from classy blogs to
professional-looking ecommerce sites.
- Add features. Choose from thousands of widgets and plug-ins
to enhance your site’s ease of use, looks, and performance.
- Mix in multimedia. Add picture galleries, slideshows, video
clips, music players, and podcasts to your pages.
- Attract an audience. Create automatic content feeds, sign
up site subscribers, and help readers share your posts on
- Fine-tune your content. Analyze site statistics to improve
your content and reach, and to optimize your site for search
- Go Mobile. Choose a theme that automatically reconfigures
your site for mobile devices.
- Build a truly unique site. Learn how to customize WordPress
themes to create a site that looks exactly the way you want it