Vitamins and Minerals Demystified By Steve Blake
Encapsulating the science behind vitamins and minerals. Need to understand how vitamins and minerals work but find dense texts difficult to absorb? Here’s your panacea! Vitamins & Minerals Demystified makes it easy to digest information on everything from A to zinc.
Written by a holistic health doctor, this essential guide explains the crucial role vitamins and minerals play in nutrition and physiology. You’ll find details on the type and amount required for survival and for increased disease resistance. The book outlines the food sources of different vitamins and minerals and covers the benefits and pitfalls of both natural and synthetic vitamins. Featuring end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam, this book will fortify your knowledge of vitamins and minerals.
This fast and easy guide offers:
- Numerous figures to illustrate key concepts
- Graphs indicating the foods rich in various vitamins and minerals
- Charts featuring U.S. Recommended Daily Allowances (USRDAs)
- Coverage of deficiency-related diseases
- Quick summaries of each vitamin and mineral reinforce learning
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Vitamins & Minerals Demystified is the perfect supplement for anyone studying or interested in this important health topic.
See More POST On : A Special Books