Network Analysis and Synthesis By Franklin F. Kuo :: The function of Network Analysis is to find voltages and currents through the components present in a network. This book is in many senses a tour de force of network analysis and synthesis. It covers most of the essential topics to understand the workings of modern networking and lays the foundation for more advanced studies into the various areas. There is an extensive use and explanation of mathematics which is central to understanding networks.
Network Analysis And Synthesis begins at the top with Signals. The first two chapters are devoted to analyzing and understanding signals and waveforms. The third chapter deals with frequency domain and Fourier Analysis. The fourth chapter deals with differential equations. This is followed by the first section on network analysis and the Laplace transformation. Chapter seven then goes on to combine these two to see transformation Methods in network analysis.
Next comes Amplitude, Phase and Delay which leads into the second section of network analysis. The next three chapters look at various ways of synthesizing elements followed by a chapter each on filter designs and scattering matrix. The last chapter is computer techniques in circuit analysis. The book goes on to give five appendices dealing with various mathematical techniques such as matrix algebra, generalized functions, complex variables, and several theorems to help understand how one is to grapple with network analyses. The last appendix contains some handy aids to improve filter approximation and a conclusion to the book. Finally, the inclusion of a name index and a subject index makes this book a very useful reference tool and makes it ideal for students studying in any field related to network analysis.
Network Analysis and Synthesis By Franklin F. Kuo
Buy PaperBook from Amazon:Network Analysis and Synthesis, 2ed
Table of Content
· Signals and Systems
· Signals and Waveforms
· The Frequency Domain: Fourier Analysis
· Differential Equations
· Network Analysis:
I. The Laplace Transform
· Transform Methods in Network Analysis
· Amplitude, Phase, and Delay
· Network Analysis: II
· Elements of Realizability Theory
· Synthesis of One-Port Networks with Two Kinds of Elements
· Elements of Transfer Function Synthesis · Topics in Filter Design
· The Scattering Matrix · Computer Techniques in Circuit Analysis
· Introduction to Matrix Algebra
· Generalized Functions and the Unit Impulse
· Elements of Complex Variables
· Proofs of Some Theorems on Positive Real Functions
· An Aid to the Improvement of Filter Approximation Bibliography Name Index Subject Index