|Guide Particulars :|
Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering by Towhata
Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering Contents
PART 1 KNOWLEDGE OF SOIL MECHANICS
- Chapter 1 BASIC PRINCIPLES IN SOIL MECHANICS
PART 2 PROBLEMS CONCERNING SHAKING OF SOFT GROUND UNDERGOING EARTHQUAKE LOADING
- Chapter 2 INTRODUCTION
- Chapter 3 SEISMOLOGICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Chapter WAVE PROPAGATION IN ELASTIC MEDIUM
- Chapter 5 EARTHQUAKE EFFECTS
- Chapter 6 DYNAMIC RESPONSE ANALYSIS
- Chapter 7 PSEUDO STATIC LIMIT EQUILIBRIUM ANALYSIS
- Chapter 8 FIELD INVESTIGATION
- Chapter 9 DYNAMIC RESPONSE OF COMPLEX-MODULUS MODEL
- Chapter 10 LABORATORY TESTS ON DYNAMIC PROPERTIES OF SOILS
- Chapter 11 STRESS-STRAIN MODELS
- Chapter 12 APPLICATION OF SEISMIC INERTIA FORCE
- Chapter 13 SEISMIC FORCES EXERTED ON STRUCTURES
- Chapter 14 SEISMIC BEHAVIOR OF SLOPES AND EMBANKMENTS
- Chapter 15 LANDSLIDES
- Chapter 16 SEISMIC FAULTS
PART 3 LIQUEFACTION
- Chapter 17 FEATURES OF LIQUEFACTION-INDUCED DAMAGES
- Chapter 18 MECHANISM OF ONSET OF LIQUEFACTION
- Chapter 19 ASSESSMENT OF LIQUEFACTION POTENTIAL
- Chapter 20 BEHAVIOR OF SOIL UNDERGOING CYCLIC UNDRAINED LOADING
- Chapter 21 IN-SITU TESTS ON LIQUEFACTION POTENTIAL OF SUBSOILS
- Chapter 22 POST-LIQUEFACTION BEHAVIOR OF SANDY GROUND
- Chapter 23 IMMEDIATE DETECTION OF LIQUEFACTION DAMAGE AND EMERGENCY ACTION
- Chapter 24 PERMANENT DISPLACEMENT / DEFORMATION OF LIQUEFIED SUBSOIL
- Chapter 25 PREDICTION OF PERMANENT DISPLACEMENT DUE TO LIQUEFACTION
- Chapter 26 MITIGATION OF LIQUEFACTION-INDUCED DAMAGE
- Chapter 27 SEISMIC MICRO NATION
Preface to Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering PDF
This e-book is a product of my long-term actions in each schooling and analysis. Its publication was made attainable by monetary help equipped by the Ministry of Training, Tradition, Sports activities, Science, and Expertise.
As for schooling, I used to be advised for the primary time in 1985 to show soil dynamics within the Asian Institute of Expertise in Bangkok, Thailand. I collected experimental and area findings from many publications and made a small collection of handouts.
Since laptop applied sciences weren’t effectively superior within the mid-80s, the handouts had been merchandise of cut-and-paste within the bodily sense. Many pages had been even handwritten.
Afterward, I began to show the identical topic in 1995 on the College of Tokyo. Since then I’ve added extra info from area investigation and laboratory assessments in addition to analyses. It has turn out to be attainable to place all in an digital media that makes educating simpler. Readers can discover that this e-book consists of Japanese writing amongst English textual content.
It’s because I take advantage of this textual content for educating in Tokyo. The principle purpose of this e-book is a group of information which is helpful in understanding the state-of-art expertise and its software to new matters.
Understanding the elemental points is necessary as a result of follow makes use of many assumptions, hypotheses, and methods of considering. It has been my coverage to indicate the explanation why follow employs these concepts by exhibiting experimental and area backgrounds.
This concept doesn’t change even immediately. Accumulating background info is just not very simple for a person particular person. It’s essential to learn many publications; some had been revealed within the first half of the 20th Century, and others in home publications.
Not being inconceivable, this info assortment is firstly a time-consuming enterprise. Secondly, entry to outdated publications might not be simple for everyone. I’m due to this fact making an attempt on this e-book to gather info as a lot as attainable in order that the brand new technology of readers can save time in learning.
Many figures had been, due to this fact, reproduced from the unique publications. Furthermore, I attempted to go to necessary websites and take pictures to be able to present the concepts in follow to be significant.
Though the consequence is just not good, the knowledge on this e-book shall be useful when readers have to grasp the which means of current follow and enhance it sooner or later.
That is significantly necessary as a result of the event of our society generates new sorts of issues and a brand new method is repeatedly required. One main downside on this e-book is the big quantity of knowledge.
For very younger readers who’ve simply began geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics, it’s extra necessary to get the general scope than studying particulars. The full variety of pages and contents on this e-book could stop their efforts.
On this regard, I made a decision to categorise the contents into three classes; elementary, superior, and miscellaneous. Readers can choose up solely pages of their curiosity instead of studying from the primary web page to the final.
The miscellaneous content material is just not essentially much less necessary; generally many attention-grabbing matters are therein discovered. It’s recommendable due to this fact that younger readers take a fast take a look at these pages as effectively.
However, it’s not anticipated for readers to start out studying from the primary web page and proceed till the final. I do hope that info on this e-book will assist readers develop their data and profession within the self-discipline of geotechnical engineering.
Actually, the contents of this e-book miss many necessary points. I’m going to indicate additions and modifications to my dwelling web page. Readers are suggested to go to often the positioning of Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory.
Download Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering by Towhata in PDF Format For Free.