ic engine objective questions
Mechanical Engineering Multiple choice Questions Answers
Mechanical Engineering MCQS
I.C. Engines Questions Answers
1. The working cycle in case of four stroke engine is completed in following number of revolutions of crankshaft
2. In a diesel engine, the fuel is ignited by
(b) injected fuel
(c) heat resulting from compressing air that is supplied for combustion
(e) combustion chamber.
3. Scavenging air in diesel engine means
(a) air used for combustion sent under pres-sure
(b) forced air for cooling cylinder
(c) burnt air containing products of combustion
(d) air used for forcing burnt gases out of engine’s cylinder during the exhaust period
(e) air fuel mixture.
4. Supercharging is the process of
(a) supplying the intake of an engine with air at a density greater than the density of the surrounding atmosphere
(b) providing forced cooling air
(c) injecting excess fuel for raising more load
(d) supplying compressed air to remove combustion products fully
(e) raising exhaust pressure.
5. Does the supply of scavenging air at a density greater than that of atmosphere mean engine is supercharged ?
(c) to some extent
(e) depends on other factors.
249. Method of governing used in diesel engine is
(a) quantity governing
(b) quality governing
(c) combined governing
(d) partial governing
(e) nit and miss governing.
250. An engine has a normal speed of 960 r.p.m. and no load speed of 1000 r.p.m. The speed droop of governor will be about
I.C. ENGINES Questions and Answers pdf
250 mcqs IC Engine PDF
In PDF file click here to download
- Engineering Fundamentals of the Internal Combustion Engine…
- COMPRESSORS, GAS TURBINES and JET ENGINES – Mechanical…
- Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines PDF
- The High Speed Internal Combustion Engine
- Flow and Combustion in Reciprocating Engines PDF
- Design and Simulation of Two-Stroke Engines
- Internal Combustion Engines Fundamentals PDF
- Thermodynamics – Mechanical Engineering Multiple…