machine design objective questions
Mechanical Engineering Multiple choice Questions Answers
Mechanical Engineering MCQS
MACHINE DESIGN Questions Answers
1. The ultimate strength of steel in tension in comparison to shear is in the ratio of
(a) 1 : l
(c) 3 : 2
(d) 2 : 3
(e) 1 : 2
2. The permissible stress for carbon steel under static loading is generally taken as
(a) 2000-3000 kg/pm2
(b) 3000-4000 kg/cm2
(c) 4000-4500 kg/cm2
(d) 7500-10,000 kg/cm2
(e) 10,000-15,000 kg/cm2.
3. The property of a material which enables it to resist fracture due to high impact loads is known as
4. A hot short metal is
(a) brittle when cold
(b) brittle when hot
(c) brittle under all conditions
(d) ductile at high temperature
(e) hard when hot.
5. Guest’s theory of failure is applicable for following type of materials
140. The shock absorbing capacity of a bolt can be increased by
(a) tightening it properly
(b) increasing shank diameter
(c) grinding the shank
(d) using washer
(e) making shank diameter equal to core diameter of thread.
Machine Design Interview Questions PDF ::
In PDF file click here to download
Releted Results : design of machine elements mcq,design of machine elements objective,design of machine elements objective questions,design of machine elements objective questions and answers,design of machine elements objective type questionselectrical machine design course objectives,
Thanks For Visiting Our Website www.freepdfbook.com To Support Us, Keep Share On Social Media.