Project Administration for Design – Build Contracts Book PDF
Project Administration for Design – Build Contracts
A Primer for Owners, Engineers, and Contractors
- One – Introduction to Design – Build Project Administration
- Scheduling Design – Build Projects
- Design Administration in Design Build
- Design Quality Management in the Design – Build Project
- Design Administration Case Studies
- Construction Quality Management in the Design- Build Project
- Design Build Change Orders
- Progress Payments During Design and Construction
- Construction Administration Case Studies
This book will help ensure successful project delivery through the design, construction, and commissioning phase of the process. As its title suggests, this book will focus on DB project administration post-award.
The move from traditional design-bid-build (DBB) project delivery to nontraditional forms of integrated project delivery has been a controversial one in the United Stats. “Integrated project delivery” is defined as project delivery method where the project’s builder is involved in the design process.
While there are many terms-of-art that are used in the literature to describe various form of integrated project delivery, the two most common forms are “construction manager-at-risk” project delivery, the two most common forms are “construction manager-at-risk” and “design-build”. In both project delivery methods, the owner selects the builder in the design process through the use of formal design reviews that seek to enhance constructability, expedite the schedule, and maintain budget. While the use of intergrated project delivery remains controversial with some owners, particularly in the public sector, its acceptance is becoming more general across the nation.
This book will confine its discussion to DB project delivery and, specially, the actions that take place after the award of a DB contract to complete both the design and construction in an integrated fashion.
See More POST On : Engineering Books