Basic Electrical Engineering (S.Chand) By V K Mehta and Rohit Mehta
Basic Electrical Engineering (S.Chand) is Gtu Reference book for B.tech All Engineering Branch Students in Engineering First Year by V K Mehta and Rohit Mehta.
For close to 30 years, “Basic Electrical Engineering” has been the go-to text for students of Electrical Engineering. Emphasis on concepts and clear mathematical derivations, simple language coupled with systematic development of the subject aided by illustrations makes this text a fundamental read on the subject.
Divided into 17 chapters, the book covers all the major topics such as DC Circuits, Units of Work, Power and Energy, Magnetic Circuits, fundamentals of AC Circuits and Electrical Instruments and Electrical Measurements in a straightforward manner for students to understand.
- Aptly divided in 17 chapters, the text covers all basic concepts of the subject.
- More than 2200 figures and examples provide ample aid to the concepts explained.
- Close to 1000 practice questions (most asked in various examinations) ascertain the level of understanding of concepts.
Table of Content :
- Basic Concepts
- D.C. Circuits
- D.C. Network Theorems
- Units – Work, Power and Energy
- Capacitance and Capacitors
- Magnetism and Electromagnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Magnetic Circuits
- Chemical Effects of Electric Current
- A.C. Fundamentals
- Series A.C. Circuits
- Phasor Algebra
- Parallel A.C. Circuits
- Polyphase Circuits
- Electrical Instruments and Electrical Measurements
- A.C. Network Analysis