Electrical Installation Designs by Bill Atkinson, Roger Lovegrove and Gary Gundry :
A practical and highly popular guide for electrical contractors of small installations, now fully revised in accordance with the latest wiring regulations. The book is a clearly written practical guide on how to design and complete a range of electrical installation projects in a competitive manner, while ensuring full compliance with the new Wiring Regulations (updated late 2008). The updated regulations introduced changes in terminology, such as ‘basic’ and ‘fault protection’, and also changed the regulation numbers. This new edition reflects these changes. It discusses new sections covering domestic, commercial, industrial and agricultural projects, including material on marinas, caravan sites, and small scale floodlighting. This book provides guidance on certification and test methods, with full attention given to electrical safety requirements. Other brand new sections cover protective measures, additional protection by means of RCDs, the new cable guidelines for thin wall partitions and Part P of the Building Regulations.
- Provides simple, practical guidance on how to design electrical installation projects, including worked examples and case studies
- Covers new cable guidelines and Part P of the Building Regulations (Electrical Installations) in line with 17th edition of the Wiring Regulations BS 7671:2008
- New chapters on protective measures and additional protection by means of RCDs (residual current devices)
- Features new wiring projects such as marinas, caravan sites and small scale floodlighting and street lighting
- Fully illustrated, including illustrations new to the fourth edition