Mechanical Engineering Multiple choice Questions Answers
Mechanical Engineering MCQS
HYDRAULIC MACHINES Questions Answers
- Reciprocating pumps are no more to be seen in industrial applications (in comparison to centrifugal pumps) because of
(a) high initial and maintenance cost
(b) lower discharge
(c) lower speed of operation
(d) necessity of air vessel
(e) all of the above.
- In a centrifugal pump casing, the flow of water leaving the impeller, is
(a) rectilinear flow
(b) radial flow
(c) free vortex motion
(d) forced vortex
(e) none of the above.
- Head developed by a centrifugal pump depends on
(a) impeller diameter
(c) fluid density
(d) type of casing
(e) (a) and (b) above.
- For starting an axial flow pump, its delivery valve should be
(c) depends on starting condition and flow desired
(d) could be either open or closed
(e) partly open and partly closed.
- The efficiency of a centrifugal pump is maximum when its blades are
(b) bent forward
(c) bent backward
(d) bent forward first and then backward
(e) bent backward first and then forward.
DOWNLOAD PDF for this MCQS for you ,. . permanent solution is here, .
HYDRAULIC MACHINES Questions and Answers pdf free download ::
Use Password to Open File : “freepdfbook.com“
PDF file click here to download
Thanks For Support Us.
Sharing is Caring ???