|Book Details :|
Calculus Workbook For Dummies 3rd Edition with Online Practice by Mark Ryan
Calculus Workbook For Dummies 3rd Edition with Online Practice by Mark Ryan | PDF Free Download.
Calculus Workbook Contents
Part 1: Pre-Calculus Review
- CHAPTER 1: Getting Down to Basics: Algebra and Geometry
- CHAPTER 2: Funky Functions and Tricky Trig
Part 2: Limits and Continuity
- CHAPTER 3: A Graph Is Worth a Thousand Words: Limits and Continuity
- CHAPTER 4: Nitty-Gritty Limit Problems
Part 3: Differentiation
- CHAPTER 5: Getting the Big Picture: Differentiation Basics
- CHAPTER 6: Rules, Rules, Rules: The Differentiation Handbook
- CHAPTER 7: Analyzing Those Shapely Curves with the Derivative
- CHAPTER 8: Using Differentiation to Solve Practical Problems
- CHAPTER 9: Even More Practical Applications of Differentiation
Part 4: Integration and Infinite Series
- CHAPTER 10: Getting into Integration
- CHAPTER 11: Integration: Reverse Differentiation
- CHAPTER 12: Integration Rules for Calculus Connoisseurs
- CHAPTER 13: Who Needs Freud? Using the Integral to Solve Your Problems
- CHAPTER 14: Infinite (Sort of) Integrals
- CHAPTER 15: Infinite Series: Welcome to the Outer Limits
Part 5: The Part of Tens
- CHAPTER 16: Ten Things about Limits, Continuity, and Infinite Series
- CHAPTER 17: Ten Things You Better Remember about Differentiation
Introduction to Calculus Workbook For Dummies PDF
If you’ve already bought this book or are thinking about buying it, it’s probably too late — too late, that is, to change your mind and get the heck out of calculus. (If you’ve still got a chance to break free, get out and run for the hills!)
Okay, so you’re stuck with calculus; you’re past the point of no return. Is there any hope? Of course! For starters, buy this gem of a book and my other classic, Calculus For Dummies (also published by Wiley).
In both books, you find calculus explained in plain English with a minimum of technical jargon. Calculus For Dummies covers topics in greater depth.
Calculus Workbook For Dummies, 3rd Edition, gives you the opportunity to master the calculus topics you study in class or in Calculus For Dummies through a couple of hundred practice problems that will leave you giddy with the joy of learning . . .
Or pulling your hair out. In all seriousness, calculus is not nearly as difficult as you’d guess from its reputation. It’s a logical extension of algebra and geometry, and many calculus topics can be easily understood when you see the algebra and geometry that underlie them.
It should go without saying that regardless of how well you think you understand calculus, you won’t fully understand it until you get your hands dirty by actually doing problems. On that score, you’ve come to the right place.
About Calculus Workbook PDF
Calculus Workbook For Dummies, 3rd Edition, like Calculus For Dummies, is intended for three groups of readers: high school seniors or college students in their first calculus course, students who’ve taken calculus but who need a refresher to get ready for other pursuits, and adults of all ages who want to practice the concepts they learned in Calculus For Dummies or elsewhere.
Whenever possible, I bring calculus down to earth by showing its connections to basic algebra and geometry.
Many calculus problems look harder than they actually are because they contain so many fancies, foreign-looking symbols. When you see that the problems aren’t that different from related algebra and geometry problems, they become far less intimidating.
I supplement the problem explanations with tips, shortcuts, and mnemonic devices. Often, a simple tip or memory trick can make it much easier to learn and retain a new, difficult concept.
This book uses certain conventions:
- The variables are in italics.
- Important math terms are often in italics and defined when necessary.
- Extra-hard problems are marked with an asterisk. You may want to skip these if you’re prone to cerebral hemorrhaging
Like all For Dummies books, you can use this book as a reference. You don’t need to read it cover to cover or work through all problems in order. You may need more practice in some areas than others, so you may choose to do only half of the practice problems in some sections or none at all.
However, as you’d expect, the order of the topics in Calculus Workbook For Dummies, 3rd Edition, follows the order of the traditional curriculum of a first-year calculus course. You can, therefore, go through the book in order, using it to supplement your coursework.
If I do say so myself, I expect you’ll find that many of the explanations, methods, strategies, and tips in this book will make problems you found difficult or confusing in class seem much easier.
Download Calculus Workbook 3rd Edition with Online Practice by Mark Ryan PDF Free.
Releted Results : calculus 2 for dummies workbook,calculus workbook for dummies,calculus workbook for dummies 3rd edition,calculus workbook for dummies answers,pre-calculus workbook for dummiespre-calculus workbook for dummies 2nd edition,
See More POST On : Engineering Books