|Book Name:||Design and Construction of Concrete Floors|
|Category:||Civil Engineering Books|
Design and Construction of Concrete Floors
Design and Construction of Concrete Floors Book By George Garber
This chapter sets out the philosophy on which the rest of the book is
based. The essential ideas are these:
● A floor has a dual role. It is part of a building, but it is also part of the
building user’s equipment.
● A floor must be designed around the user’s needs and wishes.
● Floor designers should not focus narrowly on structural strength, but
must consider other important properties of the floor.
● Good design requires equal attention to five factors: floor usage; structural
strength; properties of the concrete itself; cracks and joints; and
properties of the floor surface.
● Performance specifications usually work better than method specifications.
● Single-course floors usually work better than double-course floors.
● National standards should be used with care.
● Lessons from roadbuilding should be applied to floor construction.
● Remedies for bad work should be specified before the bad work occurs.
Related Results : design and construction of concrete floors pdf,design and construction of concrete floors second edition pdf,
Related More Books
See More POST On : Engineering Books