Engineering Mechanics By S.S. Bhavikatti
Engineering Mechanics is Gtu book for Gujarat Technological University Mechanical Branch Students in Engineering Second Year by S.S. Bhavikatti.
This is a comprehensive book meeting complete requirements of Engineering Mechanics Course of undergraduate syllabus. Emphasis has been laid on drawing neat free-body diagrams and then applying laws of mechanics systematically. Standard notations are used throughout and important points are stressed. All problems are solved systematically to illustrate correct method of answering. A chapter on Virtual Work Method, which is also an important approach in solving engineering mechanics problems has been added in this edition.
All these features make this book a self-sufficient and a good textbook for any university student.
BOOK CONTENTS :
1. INTRODUCTION TO ENGINEERING MECHANICS
2. RESULTANT AND EQUILIBRIUM OF SYSTEM OF COPLANAR CONCURRENT FORCES
3. RESULTANT AND EQUILIBRIUM OF SYSTEM OF COPLANAR NON CONCURRENT FORCES
4. ANALYSIS OF PIN POINTED PLANE FRAME
6. LIFTING MACHINES
7. VIRTUAL WITH METHOD
8. CENTROID AND MOMENT OF INERTIA
9. CENTRE OF GRAVITY AND MASS MOMENT OF INERTIA
10. INDUCTION TO DYNAMICS
11. LINEAR MOTION
13. RELATIVE VELOCITY
14. D’ALEMBERT’S PRINCIPE
15. WORK ENERGY METHOD
16. IMPULSE MOMENTUM
17. IMPACT OF ELASTIC BODIES
18. CIRCULAR MOTION OF RIGID BODIES
19. ROTATION OF RIGID BODIES
20. GENERAL PLANE MOTION OF RIGID BODIES